Important Information Regarding COVID-19
We want to re-assure you our office is a safe, disinfected space. We have always followed the recommendations of the American Dental Association, the US Center for Disease Control and the Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act and are current on all new guidance measures. Please be aware that safety and excellence of orthodontic care are our primary concerns and we are doing everything possible to protect everyone.
We are changing some things in our office to allow safe social distancing while we provide your treatment. In order to assure the safety of our patients and staff, we need your help and cooperation. This means:
- It is required you wear a mask to your appointment, complete a Pre-Screen Questionnaire and temperature check with a non-contact thermometer upon your arrival.
2. Patients only will be allowed back into the treatment area and each patient is limited to one parent/guardian/chaperone who is required to wear a mask. To comply with social distancing, the chaperone may be asked to wait in their car or outside the building. They will receive a text when the appointment has been completed.
3. Our Brushing Station has been converted to a hand washing station and you will be asked to wash your hands after your screening. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
4.Please arrive to your appointment with your teeth brushed and flossed.
5. We have removed some seating in our waiting area and will no longer have newspapers, books or magazines available, as a reminder to continue social distancing.
6. We are disinfecting common areas and surfaces (doorknobs, pens, etc) in the office more frequently to limit and reduce any inadvertent exposure.
7. Our staff has enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shields, in addition to our regular PPE. The front desk will have temporary plexiglass barriers.
8. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment. As a further measure of protection, Dr. Horwitz is also available for virtual consults through Zoom.
Please call us to cancel your appointment if any of the following apply to you:
·Exposure to anyone with COVID -19 within the last 14 days
·If you have tested positive to COVID-19 within the last 14 days
Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation, and for choosing West Seattle Orthodontics! We look forward to seeing each and everyone of your beautiful smiles!
Dr. Heidi Horwitz, Jennifer, Toni, Pam, Christel, and Tracy